Call for Applications for the position of a FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION Specialist – Cameroon
IITA Cameroon is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Finance and Administration Specialist with solid problem-solving skills, the ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communications skills, and the ability to work under minimal supervision for International Potato Center (CIP).
The International Potato Center (CIP) was founded in 1971 as a research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. It delivers innovative science-based solutions to enhance access to affordable nutritious food, foster inclusive sustainable business, and employment growth, and drive the climate resilience of root and tuber agri-food systems. Headquartered in Lima, Peru, CIP has a research presence in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
A - Duties
The Finance and Administration Specialist will be responsible for coordinating finance and administration activities in Cameroon. The position will be based in Yaoundé with frequent travel to regional offices.
The Finance and Administration Specialist will report to the Regional Finance Manager and to the Project Coordinator & Country Manager of the project based in Yaoundé .
- Oversee the financial operations of the country office and ensure timely delivery of financial reports, including cash and bank management, payroll, ledgers, and other aspects of the country’s financial management.
- Responsible for entering financial information, timely month-end close, and maintaining all financial records for projects and the organization.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Liaise with the Projects Finance Specialists in the monitoring and reviewing partners’ reports.
- Manage financial controls, analyze office and project budgets, and make recommendations on budget expenditures. Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Support the Country Manager and Project Managers, in coordination with the Project Finance Specialist, with project budget monitoring and review.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time.
- Oversee the country’s statutory annual audits.
- Responsible for the administration of insurances, contracting, and administrating services according to the Center’s standards and policies.
- Responsible for country legal and statutory compliance.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Manage fixed assets of the Center, review and support the preparation of inventories.
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services.
- Responsible for coordinating IT issues with headquarters, serving as IT Key user.
- In coordination with HQ, advice and support staff and managers on all aspects of employee relations (from Recruitment to Departure) and help them interpret and apply HR policies and practices in day-to-day work.
- Be accountable for the compliance with the National and International Health & Safety laws, regulations, and standards.
- Support payroll administration and maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with legal requirements
- Prepare reports and provide recommendations to monitor significant trends (i.e., inflation), emerging opportunities, and challenges in the areas of responsibility.
Grants & Contracts
- Coordinate with the Grants and Contracts (G&C) team on contracts-related actions. This will require following up on project management-related activities such as signature and agreements or reporting on a need basis.
- Liaise with the G&C office to monitor deliverables reporting for grants applicable to the operations in the Country.
B – Qualification
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management, or a related field.
- At least five years of professional experience performing similar functions in an environment of international organizations or NGOs.
- Experience in managing and administering annual budgets, handling payroll and taxes.
- Experience in supervising finance or administration staff.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Advanced knowledge in accounting software packages (ERP preferable).
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Willingness to work under time-bound conditions.
C – Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization with a robust and state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming, and food systems in the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers mostly located in developing countries and supported by more than 50 donor members.
D – What are the conditions ?
The position is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Cameroon Nationals and permanent residents only who are ready to start the job immediately. The employment contract will be for 9-month term (with a 3-month probation period) with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
E – How to apply ?
The application file shall include the following documents:
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- a letter of motivation (maximum of one page; including the full names of the candidate, their complete address, phone number, and email address);
- a copy of the national identity card;
- copies of all relevant academic diplomas and professional certificates;
- a list of 3 professional referees including their contact information; one being the current or most recent supervisor, unless otherwise advised by the candidate with a strong rationale;
- a completed online application form; kindly fill the form in addition to sending your application file available at https://forms.gle/K3MUNZD4w3hAE6jM9
Applications shall be addressed (e-mail attachments ONLY), latest by June 19 th , 2022 , to:
The Resident Representative
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture in Cameroon
P.O. Box 2008 Yaoundé (Messa) Tel : 222237434 ; (+237) 699319747
Email: [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]
Application to the position of: CIP Finance and Administration Specialist, Cameroon.
Only applications received in French or English from candidates who have filled the online form will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our website at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.